TRUMP: Comparisons of structure, function, regulation, and nutrient fate in the northern German Lagoons under special references to the eutrophication process
The basic objectives of this case study are :
- the is difference in eutrophication in Salzhaff, Greifswalder Bodden, Kleiner Jasmunder Bodden and the Darss- Zingst bodden.
- the actual water quality.
- the reduction of the diffusive N-loads and the potential risk of P-limitation.
- determining a role of fluffy sediment layers.
- re-establishment of submerged macrophyte beds as potential filters and regulators.
The other objectives were strictly connected with the reduction of touristic pressure on the Baltic shore by multivalent socio-economical use of the inner coastal waters. The creation of a joint network of the inner coastal waters from the Darss-Zingst bodden chain to the Mecklenburger Seenplatte and the rivers and lakes around Berlin.
Also some recommendations were given for the development of an efficient coastal zone management. In general, ensuring the multivalent use of such shallow brackish estuaries was in accordance to the natural ecological conditions and is cost efficient.
|Coastal water, Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM)
|Ulrich Mr Schiewer
Institut für Aquatische Ökologie, FB Biowissenschaften, Universität Rostock