Lessons learned from delta-management
Type of Entry:
1998 - 2002
The main objective of this project is to answer the following questions:
- What are or will be the most important changes in deltas?
- How are the fluxes of nutrients and sediment in deltas altered by human
- What information is available about best management practices in deltas?
- Are they being evaluated?
- What can we learn from these?
- Which concepts and tools are available for supporting delta management?
- Have they been applied?
The obtained results :
- Network of people involved in delta issues
- Active web-site on deltas
- Assessment report addressing the questions
Best practice, Delta, Management, Sediment transport
Mr Maarten Scheffers
National Institute for Coastal and Marine Management
2500 EX Haga
The Netherlands Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Water Management;
the Netherlands Ministry of Education, Culture and Science
provided and maintained
EUCC - The Coastal Union Germany